Wednesday, April 2, 2008

ODE TO THE WEATHERMAN OF IDAHO!!

So the weather in Rexburg is absolutely impossible. I have learned to never trust the weather predicitons here, not because the weatherman cannot be trusted, but because the weather here absolutely cannot be trusted. Also, I think for the local weather, there are mostly girls doing all of the reporting so I guess the Weather Girls cant be trusted. These past two weeks have been the most absolutely ridiculous weather I have ever been in. I have been beside myself with grief day in and day out watching the extreme weather right before my eyes. My hopes of spring have been dashed daily with snow, wind, rain and hail. Tons of snow on Easter was certainly not a dream come true. My memories of California Easter seemed so vague, me in my little spring dress and white shoes. Had a been dressed for easter here, I would have lost my white shoes in the snow and frozen to death in my Spring Dress. Those lovely spring days of budding trees and greening grass seem to be just days of yesteryear. Gone are the birds in the trees, gone are the lovely spring walks, gone are the..... well lots of things that I would normally associate with April are gone. Oh but wait one thing still remains. The snow! So while I try to make the best of this continuing winter weather, one and all enjoy the warmth for me!!

4 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

I remeber back when I was heading to RICK's it snowed on 4th of July, back in 1993!!! GOOD LUCK!!! We will enjoy the Southern California weather for you!!!

Nicole said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one who is having a hard time with this weather!! I am sooooo over it!!!

Marc and Stacy said...

I must say I don't miss that weather...but I do miss you!

Justin said...

Yep... I don't envy you guys at all... the "frozen chozen" :) It has been so beautiful here in the Sacramento area... we are having a Spring... usually it goes from winter to summer with about a day and a half of spring... So we're really enjoying this. Anyway... have fun with that.

Justin & Erin