Thursday, February 21, 2008
Not to mention his cute siblings. Love them! They came over a while back with Ace to blow our driveway. I think they maybe wanted to surprise us, but we had a ton of snow and made it home from work before they had left. So the kids came in after playing hard in the snow and I made them some nice hot chocolate in our COCOMOTION!! Ace didn't want any, I guess because he is ant-Cocomotion and my lazy behavior. But like I said before, If you have it use it right?
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
The other day, we were minding our business, looking out the window to the busy world below, and saw a snow fairy (grandpa) blowing our sidewalk. He is the cutest man ever and is so sweet. Every time he goes out to blow, he wears a one piece brown snow suit, his uggs (with his pants tucked in) and his russian hat to keep his hat warm. He is the best and we just love living next to him and Phyllis. They are so fun to visit with and have been so good to us. Hooray for GRANDPA BOND!!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
I got pegged in the face with an icicle and Devin just laughs forever. Phyllis, our neighbor and grandma told us that we needed to knock the icicles down or they would pull our roof down. In the process, I nearly knocked my nose off. I thought I had a broken nose. I of course didn't but it sure hurt. I wanted to cry, but thought I would be brave since I still had to get myself back inside and through the obstacle course that is our backyard junk pile.
When the house started leaking, just as I had suspected, Devin and Ace got up on the roof and started pusing the snow off. Sunday, it got really warm and tons of the snow and ice on the roof starte to melt so in order to protect our home, Devin got up there again and knocked tons of ice and snow down. It was awesome. I think he really just wanted to wake me up from my Sunday nap, but we can just say it was for safety reasons. It was insane how much ice was up there. I can't believe our roof didn't cave in.
Here is a big mound of snow and ice chunks being pushed of by the hero of my heart. What a brave guy. He said as he would push of a chunk he would feel himself slowly slipping to the edge. Needless to say there is not a ton of traction up there.
This is the gigantic ice overhang that was coming off our roof waiting to fall on some unsuspecting bypasser and bring them to their death. Devin told me to be careful as we were walking under one day, but I reminded him that if we were hit, that at least we would die together. The thought did not seem to console him.
As I was walking around the house in my rain boots and shorts, (it really was quite warm on Sunday, like 33! It was so awesome!) I feel through a pile of snow that went all the way past my knees. The snow got in my boots and since I had shorts on and no socks, it made me pretty cold, so at that point I went back inside and decided not to go trampling through the snow anymore.
Look how cute this kid is! Love love love him! After a hard day of pushing snow, he was ready to come down and have a little dinner, but instead of coming down gracefully on the ladder, the ice gave him a run for his money.
Just kidding. He didn't really fall off. He was just pretending, but it did look pretty funny as he was rolling all the way down the hill landing in a heap at the bottom. Funny guy!
Well we are sorry that you are all missing the Rexburg fun, but we are more sorry that we aren't missing it. We are more than ready for spring and summer to get here!
Friday, February 8, 2008
2. How long have you been married? 5 months and 17 days
3. How long did you date? on for 4 months, off for 3, on for 1, then engaged for 6 weeks
4. How old is he? almost the big 23
5. Who eats more? Definitely devy
6. Who said I love you first? Totally me. I knew I loved him for the entire month I was home for Christmas. Then once I had been back about a week I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to tell him so bad, but right as I was going to, my RA came and he left. I started walking back to my room and tears came pouring down my face. I was crazy in love. I ran outside in the snow with a t-shirt on and barefeet and told him I loved him. It was really fun! He said it back then, but he isn't really sure if he did. It is kind of strange. ha ha.
7. Who is taller? Dev, by a ton.
8. Who sings better? Definitely Devin. When he plays the piano, or guitar, I just melt. He has such a great voice.
9. Who is smarter? We are differently both smart, however, I am the wife so I am always right, but sometimes, even though I am right, Im wrong.
10. Whose temper is worse? Totally mine.
11. Who does the laundry? I do, but sometimes Devin helps me fold.
12. Who does the dishes? We both do. Devin is really good about doing them when he can tell that I really don't want to.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? me
14. Who pays the bills? Devin mostly, but sometimes I tell him when he needs to pay them. I have turned a leaf and decided to take more control of our finances, but for now, we have seperate accounts and so Dev is the one with the moolah.
15. Who mows the lawn? We have yet to mow, but we may hire Taylor our nephew to do it so we don't have to, although our yard is so small it will probably take like 10 minutes.
16. Who cooks dinner? I do always, unless Devin really wants to make cereal.
17. Who drives when you are together? Devin, unless I ask if I can drive, which is maybe once a month.
18. Who is more stubborn? We both have our stubborn days.
19. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? We are both good about saying sorry.
20. Whose parents do you see the most? It used to be Devins since they lived 3 minutes away but now they live like 20 hours away, and my parents are 12 so I am guessing it will be mine.
21. Who proposed? Devin
22. Who is more sensitive? Me definitely
23. Who has more friends? We have the same amount. All of his friends are mine, and my friends are his.
24. Who has more siblings? Devin has me by one, he has 7 siblings, I have 6.
25. Who wears the pants in the family? We usually both wear pants everyday. It is too cold to wear skirts right now.
26. Where did you meet your husband? THE RIDGE apt 307, my apartment about 2 weeks after I moved here. He came over with his friend who was trying to hook up with one of my roommates.
27. What was the first thing you said to your husband? He asked me if I got my bag from Chile, I said yes, then we started talking about Chile.
28. Where was your first date? DRUM the best show ever, and Mill Hollow
29. Where was your first kiss? On the doorstep of my apartment.
30. Where did you get engaged? On a bridge in Ashton. Devin told me we were going 4 wheeling so I got in my grubbies, but as my luck would have it I got a beautiful ring instead of dirt up my nose.
31. Where were you married? Sacramento California Temple
32. Where was the honeymoon? A surprise cruise to Mexico, then a few days with my family. It was so much fun!!
33. If you could have changed anything about it what would it have been? Maybe if we had been able to spend more time with Eric and Chelise in El Segundo, other than that though, It was so perfect and amazing. We loved every minute of it.