Could we be any more in love with our Braden boy?! We couldnt! He is the best! I know I say it all the time, but its true every time I say it. He is such a sweetie and is just such a great little buddy. I am sure it just means he is going to be trouble when he gets older, but for now, I will just take what I can get a love him all day long. There are a bajillion things about Braden that make him so amazing, but I will spare you the pain. This is really just for DadC and Grandma Deena anyway.
1) He sleeps through the night, no thanks to us of course. He just did it on his own when he was about 3 wks old, and we love him for it! I never even had to try any strategy. Awesome!
2) He is pretty skinny still, but has this insanely round belly that shakes when he laughs, like a bowl full of jelly. Well it doesnt do that, but he does have a big belly. My grandpa is convinced there is something wrong with him, but I will wait for the doctor to tell me that. And for now, I will just keep feeding him the massive amounts of formula he loves so much and watch him grow! Seriously he grows so fast, I can watch him while he does it. Its nuts! Also, his belly gets lopsided when he leans to the side. Now that is weird.
3) He is wide eyed and bushy tailed. He gets very concerned when he cant see what is going on in the world, hence he never likes to be cradled. I swear one day he is going to open his eyes just a little too big and his eyeballs are just going to fall out. Some would say he has the eyes of an adult.
4) He is not a sit back and enjoy the ride type of kid. He is a man of action. Today I laid him down with his head towards the tv and a few secon.ds later, I looked back at him and he had done a 180 and was watching tv. How it happened, I have no clue, but now I know. At his 2 month appointment the dr was wondering why he is rolling over, and I wonder the same thing. He is a mover and a shaker.
5) He is having a sever hair identity crisis. On top his hair is blonde, his mullet is still dark brown, not to mention that outdoors, his hair has a tint of red. It cannot be tamed and no matter what I do it just ends up sticking straight out, plus he is starting to grow more hair and so he has really long hair and then his new hair. What the hair!! Not to mention the bald line he has around his head as though he has been wearing a baseball cap for the past 12 months of his life.
6) He enjoys his exercise. He loves standing up, and can do it with me holding just his hands. He is get really good at bicycle legs, and has even recently taken up the back stroke.
7) He is my own miracle baby. Many of you know that I have epilepsy, and throughout my life, the main causes of my seizures have been from lack of sleep and stress. I thought this whole mom thing could turn out being so hard and that I would be sick a lot, but I know that Heavenly Father tailor made Braden to meet my needs as a mother because he is unlike any baby I have ever known. I have been so blessed by this little dream baby so that I can stay healthy and take care of my little monkey.
8) He has a smile that could light up this whole town! It is so contagious and I LOVE it! His smile is nothing less than Gods handiwork complete with his tremendous lack of teeth and his gigantic dimple!
9) Just look at him. Need I say more?
10) He giggled for the first time the other day, and I about died laughing. It was the sweetest sound I have ever heard, and I cant wait to hear it again!