Saturday, October 24, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
COMING SOON ON OUR BLOG:
Bradens 4 Month Milestones and his Wild Life
Monday, October 12, 2009
Braden hardly wanted to look at us. He was so fascinated by all of the GREEN!!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
- Grammy came and took Braden, and Devin and I got to sleep in until almost 11 (we had a 20hr travel day on Saturday, so we deserved a little sleep)
- attended church with the missionaries and felt their sweet spirit, even though Devin had a little bit of a hard time with the translating sometimes
- went to Presidents class where they taught the Latins about their family and about being great missionaries
- Drove to Antigua, an old charming little village, complete with a "Wood Factory", Jade Factory, and plenty of Guatemalan natives
- finally got to get my own wooden apples that are a must have, I cant wait to display them in our new house
- had lunch at a beautiful hotel, the restaurant was basically a covered outdoor-ish place and it poured while we were eating which was so neat
Notice the cobblestone street, and the colorful buildings. Antigua is a very old city in Guatemala, and the cobblestone is almost everywhere.
At the fancy hotel where we had lunch
Braden and his Pal
- drove to Iximche ruins on our way to Lake Atitlan, enjoyed the history there, and thinking about the way life must have been, the landscapers cut the immense lawn with machetes....really!!
continued on to Lake Antigua, possible location of the Waters of Mormon; gorgeous, humongous lake
- Devin and I did a sweet zip line course and got to see Monkeys in the wild
- enjoyed the beautiful gardens at our quaint hotel where I think maybe 5 rooms were being occupied
- took Braden for a little dip in the gigantic pool sized jacuzzi
- had precious chat time with Mom and Dad, ate delicious food, and just relaxedView of the Iximche Ruins
Braden sporting his sun blocking turbin, and enjoying his favorite color, GREEN and a rendition of the "tree of life" in the background
Us with our gracious tour guides
- traveled across the lake to Santiago Atitlan where we got our first true taste of Guatemalan life
- I fell in love with the people and the simple lives they lead. It made me cry to think of how little they have, but how much they love their lives. I think all of the little Guatemalan ladies in the catholic church where we were thought I was feeling the spirit...
- Met Bradens first little buddy in Guatemala, Juan el Bautista
- ventured into the market place complete with a butcher block full of fresh meat... it was very smelly, thank goodness I was not pregnant
- enjoyed more talk time, more great food, and more R&R
- one last look at the beautiful lake during our patio breakfast where Grandpa and Devin lured little birds to eat from their hands
- my tragic illness began
- drove to Chichicastananga on our way home and stopped at one of the largest markets in Guate. I spent a little time in an authentic Guatemalan bathroom. One lady asked us to pay, but since someone was in her bathroom and there was no time to waste, we luckily found the next one and it was free of charge, but not of germs.
- traveled back to Guatemala City and just got to rest from our travels
- went to the giant relief map of Guatemala, we got to see basically a 3-D map of Guatemala that had been created by a man 100+yrs ago who traveled around Guate on horseback, Dad showed us where a bunch of BOM sites were on the map
- went to another market, where I took another bathroom trip, which this time I needed a thorough shower after... I was thinking how gross it was that all of the ladies there were wearing flat jelly shoes, until I realized I was wearing flip flops.... so gross
- attended Dads BOM history class; it was a huge overview of the timeline of the BOM. I couldn't believe Dad had 3hrs worth of BOM history memorized. It was awesome!
- Devin became deathly ill thanks to the coughing and wheezing that was going around at the CCM (MTC) and took an extensive nap on the couch
- spent the majority of the afternoon watching the BYU game with Crappa's 80 yr old temple missionary friends.... man those guys can talk
- walked next door to the temple for some photos
- tried to savour our last hours together
Braden enjoying a good BYU victory.
Its best for everyone when the Cougs win!
We had such a fabulous and uplifting time. We enjoyed so much the spirit of the CCM and seeing Presidente and Hermana Christensen in their element. We told them they should ask to be called to Spain for their next mission so that we can all travel and see Europe next. Thanks for letting us come visit Grammy and Grandpa. We love you!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
I realize I am mega behind on my blogging. It bugs me more than it bugs you. TRUST ME!! I know Devin went on a sweet backpacking trip. I know I went to Utah, said goodbye to my little sister who magically is in college. I know Braden met his fairy Godmother, McCall. I know I took a crazy exotic vacation and havent said a word about it. I know my baby is 4 months old and nobody knows how much he weighs except me and Dr. Delmar. I know we are living with my parents and more than half of you didnt even know that. I know the search is on to find ourselves a humble, but perfect home for our now growing family (and when I say growing, I dont mean that I am pregnant, I simply mean that now that we have one kid in our Caboodle, there are bound to be more hiding up in heaven waiting for Braden to grow up so I will beg Heavenly Father for another rambunctious baby to be sent my way). I know I thought I was going to die when I was sick, Braden was sick and Devin was sick. It wasnt pretty. Believe me. I know Braden is sporting his first two teeth in his itty bitty mouth. And I certainly know that.... well thats about all I know at this point. Basically, I am trying to tell myself that I have to get caught up. If not for you, then for me. I feel like my blogging talents have been lost somewhere between here and Guatemala. Maybe they were stolen on the metro in Mexico City?! Anyway, thats an entirely different post. For now this will have to do because everytime the boy sleeps, I have to take advantage of the nap for me. My tired and sick little head need it. So be patient little ones. The time will come when all of your curiositys regarding the comings and goings in our life will be answered. And in the meantime, pray pray pray that we will get this house we put an offer on. And especially pray if you want us to stay in the ward because we want to stay, but you have to want us to stay too! XOXO.