Thursday, March 22, 2012

Play Group

This week Braden and I hosted playgroup at our house. The weather was already amazing at 9am when the kids started to arrive so at 10 we headed straight outside for a nature walk and picnic snack. It was my first playgroup not being big and pregnant so it was just delightful! All of the kids were so excited to get out and play. First we headed to the mail box and the hook ups for firehoses. The boys were in heaven. They took of down the street so so fast. The oldest little boy, Matthew, tried to keep it together for a while and started telling the younger boys, Braden and Ryder to stop running and stay close, but very quickly, he took off right with them. Cute little Rozzi held my hand the entire time. Oh the differences between boys and girls were 100% apparent the entire time. It was such a blast! I don't know why it took me two years to figure that one out. I cant wait to do it again on the next warm day.During the middle leg of our walk, we were lucky enough to spot a snail, a huge butterfly that stuck around long enough for all the kids to see, and a shy roly poly bug. I was surprised that Rozzi wasn't the one saying 'ewww' but that it was the apparently not so tough Ryder!

2 comments:

breanne mckeon said...

yes, Ryder loves to say "ewwww" when we see bugs....I'm sure he hasn't gotten that from his mom! Guess I need to "man up" a little.

David and Deena said...

I remember those days. YOu are a sweet mom!