Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Nursery

So things are all settled in Bradens room, minus the out of control closet, but thats not going to change. We are so happy with the end results and just hope that we can transfer the cuteness to the next place we live. We really scored some good deals on all of the decor. I dont think we paid full price for anything in his room, which I am quite proud of. It turned out so well, despite the few things in the room that I am not in love with.


THINGS ABOUT THE ROOM I LOVE:
1) the cute circles on the wall that we finally got to stick

2) the beautiful crib and bedding that we got on SALE!! I think we paid like $300 for everything and we bought a ton of bedding.

3)The amazing picture that my friend Debbie painted the night before my shower! I was so so excited to have "I am a child of God" in his room. I just need to figure out where to put the cute pictures of christ that I got to go somewhere on a wall.

4) The darling wall hanging that my mom made. Hello! It matches a quilt she made and a really cute little toy keeper she made. Such a talented mom I have.

THINGS I DONT LOVE:

1) the rubbermaid drawers instead of a dresser. Oh well, they were free and they fit in the space we had.

2) the out of control closet that really wont fit anything else in it

3) the gigantic bed. We have no place else to put it for now, and it hopefully will become one of my favorite things when we have a fussy little guy in the middle of the night.

12 comments:

Denise Stears said...

It turned out so cute. I can't wait to see the little guy! You are so creative Ashley. You probably will like that bed when he decides not to sleep one night.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I love the circles on the wall! All of it is so cute!

Unknown said...

Love the "I am a child of god" quilt, where did you find that? How are you feeling?

Brooke said...

The nursery looks so cute! Putting it all together is so fun.

..Kris Naven.. said...

So cute! Is that a quilt or a painting- I am a Child of God? That is so awesome! I LOVE it!

kylie said...

very cute. looks like you guys are set!

Rachelle said...

It's looking so GREAT!!

David and Deena said...

that is one blessed little boy...and big boy to have such a talented wife. Well done! Can't wait to visit and sleep in that bed and take care of him.

macandmegan said...

I Cannot believe how long its been! How are you? Congratulations on the baby, it will be here before you know it :) Good luck this next month, the last month is always the hardest...at least it was for me. Lets keep in touch

Katie & Brady said...

So cute! I love it! and I am really glad you put a picture of it on here so I could see it.. cause who knows when we will be out there next. Love you guys! Hope Braden comes soon!

Anonymous said...

Your nursery is so cute! I hope all goes well with the delivery and labor and all those fun things we go through to bring children into the world. Ps your so stinkin cute prego!

Allowitz Fam said...

The nursery is so cute Ashley!

I can't wait until Bradeyn comes.

Another Fun and adorable cousin!

-Karigan