Thursday, April 2, 2009

How I Spend My Time



I have had so much fun making this and that for our little guy. So far I have made two flannel swaddle blankets, a few burp clothes, this shelf/towel rack for his room, and I have a few other ideas that are stewing away in my noggin. Anyway, here are some fun ideas for all the rest of you. Each of these were so easy, minus the blankets. The embroidery took forever. Wouldn't reccomend it unless you have hours of time like I do. :) Making things myself gives me such a sense of fulfillment and helps me feel productive. I have honestly been waiting for ages to be able to make all this cute baby stuff. I cant wait to get the nursery all put together with all of the ideas that we have. PS everyweek JoAnns fabric sends out 40% off coupons and everytime you go to Michaels, you can get a 40% off coupon. Also, check out the clearance sections always if you have any idea for a project you are working on. I got the shelf for 4.99 and the nobs for 1.47 each at Target. Making fun projects is even better when it ends up being cheap!!

5 comments:

Mat, Chenae & Jackson said...

Cute! Thanks for the inspiration.

..Kris Naven.. said...

Wow! You are amazing! I wish I could do stuff like that! Nice job! :)

Sarah Newsom said...

I love it.. all of it! So cute. Ill have to come visit one of these days and we can have a craft day!luv ya.

The Higginbothams said...

Ashley, you've got some mad skills! I'm so impressed. Someday I need to come over and see your cute nursery. By the way, have I told you yet that you look very cute pregnant?

David and Deena said...

so so cute...for our grandchild! Devin was impressed with your sewing skills even before he fell in love with you. Awesome!