Monday, September 15, 2008

Confession Time

So we drove away from Rexburg on July 26, almost two months ago, to the great state of California. I was so pleased to know that Devin was excited to move to the place he said we would never live. It only took him 11 months after getting married, to come around and see the light. It has been so much fun living here. We are really enjoying everything about being here. The heat, the hot heat, the swimming, my family, the heat, the outdoors, the shopping, the city life, the heat, the millions of restaurants to choose from, Devins job, my non-job jobs, the weather, the new experiences, and about a jillion other things. This is where I have wanted to be for the past 2.5 years since I moved away from Roseville to Provo, and then Rexburg. But something has gone awry. I MISS REXBURG!! (gasp) I heard it from all of you. I was as anti-Rexburg as they come. I mean come on. The nine month winter had everyone there crying for help from the weather man. But honestly, I miss all of the things that I loved about Rexburg and sometimes I even get a little teary when I think about what I wont ever have again. I miss our dear family and friends there. Our time with Aaron and Michelle was amazing and it brings me so much happiness to talk with them on Skype and hear Landon say "Devin, Hi" and "Ashie, Hi" I was really scared that he wouldn't remember us after a while. And I love hearing Taylor laugh and I miss all the times that we had with them. My little fights with Ace, and my girl time with Michelle. She was there for me through thick and thin. I cannot believe how comfortable and close I became to her. She is like a full on sister to me and I feel like I have known her forever. I miss all of my friends there, and I really am missing Grandpa and Phyllis being next door to us. We could always just walk over and chat with them and we wont ever have that experience again. I hope that some of you will be able to come visit us and do some of the fun things that we are able to do here in the sunshine. I cant believe how hot it is here still in comparison to Rexburg. I feel like summer is never ending. Anyway, so to everyone, I miss Rexburg. Never thought I would ever EVER say that ever, but I really do. We were so blessed to be able to be there for the time that we were and I learned so much about the importance of taking advantage of the places that we live. Mom C always told me to learn to love Rexburg, and while I must say it wasn't Idaho, or the city of Rexburg, Americas family community, that I loved it was the people and the experiences and I will forever cherish the time we spent there... but I hope we wont have to go back. Ha Ha.

3 comments:

Chelsy said...

haha...you are such a dweeb! :o) I have to admit though, my 'living in Utah' meter is about to bust! I'm ready to move on to something new for a few years while in dental school. I'm really excited to go and experience something different in 2 years. I'd love the east coast (a few short years to experience it, then be done and move back west). We know we'll end up in the west somewhere. I'm partial to Cali, he's partial to Utah (SO SICK OF THE SNOW). Only time will tell. I'm sure I'll miss the people and the mountains in the summer (climbing, hiking, fishing, mountain biking, etc)...oh, and intramural sports. But for the love, it's been 10 years, I need a change!

Sadie Lynn said...

it was a sad day and if you still lived here then I would have come to get your help because it was on that four way right by your house... I am glad to hear that you somewhat miss us because we miss you guys, but it sounds like you are loving life and that is great. You wouldn't believe how big Thomas is. He is a little man now. -love ya

Andrea said...

Ashley! I just found your blog! We miss you but are happy your are enjoying life. Love you guys!