Tuesday, June 2, 2009

THE END

Well folks, my due date is SATURDAY!! Currently I am still pregnant with no signs of delivery anytime soon. Our Braden is just hanging out really comfortably, for him at least, in my tummy. I decided that a few final pictures wouldnt hurt and that I would be glad to see what I looked like in my last week. Sausage feet and all. Devin took a few, and I went to a friend yesterday afternoon to take a few more. It was actually fun and the pics all turned out a lot cuter than I anticipated. When my feet plumped up rather suddenly this past Sunday, my Dad was kind enough to mention that my feet looked they they were balloons. Interestingly enough, he was right. The swelling refuses to go down and the achiness continues to increase. Devin reported to me during Sacrament Meeting Sunday that he thought Braden would come on Monday. Monday has come and gone and I am still pregnant. Oh well. It was fun thinking that maybe the day was soon arriving. I have a feeling Braden is a stubborn little guy and that he is really just biding his time and is in no rush to meet us. Oh well. So in the meantime, we anxiously await his arrival, and surprising to some, we are more excited than everyone else to meet him. My hope is that by next Friday, 6 days after my due date, that he will be here. Summer is beginning and I have plans that include a baby and if he takes much longer than that, he is really going to throw me off!!

Yes, my tummy is totally lopsided.
He gets into the strangest positions sometimes.




I just want to point out a few of the things that I have done in the past week, just so everyone is aware that this whole 39 weeks pregnant thing is not getting me down. Although, I have spent a lot of time sleeping and resting, I played a game of kickball for FHE last night and not only ran the bases twice, but jumped into the air to catch a ball. And yes I got the out. It was a proud moment. Memorial day, we went camping. It wasn't my best sleep, but I was only slightly more uncomfortable than I would have been in my own bed. So bring it on Braden. I can handle you. Two more weeks is nothing.... who am I kidding. I will be dead in two weeks if I am still pregnant. Lets get this show on the road!!

13 comments:

sharsten said...

You are so cute, you look great. I feel your pain of being swolen it is not fun, along with aching everywhere you've never ached before. I am with you I just want her to come today. Eden always asks me if baby Sydney is here yet, and I tell her no but I wish. So keep us up to date with the baby status and I will do the same with our baby status. Hope things continue to go well.

Brooke said...

Baby time... I can feel it!! Woo! I did a little rain dance for you today! Parker thought it was amusing and jumped in on the action. The pics look good! You are so beautiful! In the words of Dori, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!"

Alicia said...

Come over tonight and eat some spicy salsa and do jumping jacks...we'll get that baby out of you!! you are so dang cute though!!

Denise Stears said...

Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer. You look so cute though. I feel you on those swollen ankles and feet. It looked like I had cankles.

Dane & McCall said...

AHH you look so totally cute and huge...i'm surprised when you jumped to catch the ball braden didn't just fall out:) Can't wait to meet the little guy. Loves.

--Heather-- said...

But as beautiful as you are pregnant, you should just be pregnant FOREVER, FOR_EV_ER.... just kiddin, love you!

Mat, Chenae & Jackson said...

hang in there...literally..haha! I can say that b/c i recently have known your pain. So excited for Braden!

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

So cute! You look great! Good luck with everything this week!!I'm sure Braden is so excited to meet you guys!

Jeff and Eliza said...

I love the sideways belly! Is it really the end though? Or the beginning?

kylie said...

MAN, ashley, i bet you're STOKED to get that BIG guy out of you! haha. your sausage feet are sooo freakin' hilarious. love it. good luck on baby time.

Shea Nicole said...

Ashley, it will end soon, right!?! hehe. :) You look stunning, even if your feet are a "little" swelled. Not many women with a baby as big as yours is predicted to be could look half as great, and do 1/10 of what you are doing. Hang in there. :D it will be worth the wait when he finally arrives! :D
Hugs, Shea

Shea Nicole said...

HAHA, just kidding on that last Note, CONGRATULATIONS instead! hehe... Yay, he's finally here! :D
If you need anything let us know.
Hugs and Love,
The Andersons

Brooke said...

CONGRATS!!! i AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! AHHHH! THANKS FOR THE TEXT! :)))